Clean up your act

LaurenDear CVHS,

Don’t get me wrong, I like you. You have good school spirit. There are a huge amount of extracurriculars for people to get involved in. You recently got cinnamon rolls (hella good ones) for breakfast in the cafeteria. And yet, there’s something missing, and it took me a long time to realize what it was: maturity.

I’m tired of people screaming in the hallways, mouthing off to substitute teachers, leaving trash everywhere, not keeping the restrooms relatively clean, and acting rude during passing period. The list goes on and on.

Is it really so hard to take your earbuds out during class? During a class someone is teaching? Someone who makes a living off teaching? How rude is that? I’ll answer for you- it’s incredibly rude.

Why are you fighting with your significant other right in the MIDDLE of the hallway? Can’t you tell there’s other people around- who don’t want to see your melodramatic teen angsty tears?

What gives you the right to cut the lunch line? Oh sorry, I missed the memo where you became the chosen one with the right to do whatever you wanted, with no regards to anyone else.

Sorry to say it, but a lot of you need to clean up your act. If I ever see an UNEATEN pizza stuffed in a drinking fountain, covered in chocolate milk (disgusting!!!) again, I’m going to sue someone.

CVHS, I’m tired of thinking to myself  “Oh jeez, only in public school,” three or more times a day just going through school. Clean up your act. Learn some respect. Stop getting all dramatic. You’re here to learn, you’re here to grow, you’re here to become a fully functioning adult citizen. If you don’t want to grow up, fine, be immature at home. Don’t make high school nasty for the rest of us.